Monday, September 29, 2008

Power Scrapping Weekend

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend.  I sure did.  Other than some play time with the kids I was able to scrap all weekend long.  It was great.

 

Someone posted a little extra challenge at Color Line Design.  The challenge was to participate in 15 challenges for the month of September.   I only 6 completed as of Thursday so I had counted myself out of the challenge.  The scrapping bug bit me on Friday morning and I just went with it.  I ended up completing all 15 needed with only one layout counting for 2 challenges.  I was pretty proud of all of those pages too.  This has been some of my best work so far.

 

Here are most of the layouts I completed this weekend.

 

This was a scraplift challenge:

CLD-Scraplift-Challenge-09

Credits:
Overlay by The Scrappin Cop

Brushes by Obsidian Dawn
Glitter Pattern by Creative Dreams


Journaling reads: This has become our favorite family past time. We get to go on a hide and seek adventure and find fabulous treasures along the way. Most times it’s not about what we find at the end of our quest but what we find along the way. This train car was found right near Butler park at a small fire station. I had to grab the camera and get a picture. While it may be rusted, the car was just beautiful. If we weren’t on our treasure hunt we would have never found this little beauty. We can’t wait to see what other amazing treasures we can find on our geocaching adventures.

This was a Template challenge.  Check out those awesome star stickers.  I created those with the new sticker action by Mega-Doodle Inspired.

CLD-Template-Challenge-09-2

Credits:

Template by Heavenlyscraps
Ribbon, backwards brads and notebook paper by Gunhild.
Sticker action by Mega-Doodle Inspired
Glitter Pattern by Creative Dreams

 

This was a photo challenge.  We we to look at the differences in our photos from color, black & white and sepia.  I decided to turn it into a layout.  Ali, the star of the page, helped me design the whole thing.

CLD-Photo-Challenge-09

This page was created using the Color Line Design Aug. Colab kit.

 

This was the monthly artist challenge.  We had to look at the gallery for inspiration.  These fantastic papers are from a kit by another awesome Mega-Doodle Inspired Product Test team member - C.W.Picket.

CLD-Artist-Challenge-09

Credits:
Paper Stickers and Ribbon from XOXO kit by C.W.Picket

Heart charm and Pin by Angie's Asylum
String by Gunhild

 

This one was tough.  It was the Mix-it up and color challenges together.  For the mix it up challenge we had to use the following elements.

1 - photo matte or frame
2 - staples / fasteners of some type
3 - pictures
4 - stitches
5 - flowers/stars/cardboard pieces
6 - papers (may be pieced) - your photo matte (if used) is NOT included in this count.
7 - glitter/gems/sequins or bling pieces

CLD-Mix-it-up-Challenge-09

Credits:
Flowers with rafia by
Cindy Doerksen Designs

Other flowers and large frame by The Scrappin Cop
Metal Frames by Angie's Asylum
Metal clips by SeAScrApS (Sandra Adamson)
Wood photo clips by TerrellS

Stitches by Gunhild

Glitter pattern by Creative Dreams
Swirls created with brushes by Obsidian Dawn

 

This was for the All About Me Challenge.   We were to scrap about our favorite holiday.  I created this page for a challenge on another board too where we we to scrap photos representing then and now. 

CLD-AAM-Challenge-09

Credits:
Grid overlay, Alpha, Strings, Stitches, plastic pockets and cardboard all by
Gunhild.
Pumpkin sticker created with actions and tutorials by
Mega-Doodle Inspired.


Journaling reads: This has been my favorite holiday as far back as I remember. Over the years I have won many different costume contests. There’s so much fun in choosing and designing my costumes. Making costumes is just another way for me to unleash my creativity. I even vividly remember designing this clown costume with my Grandma when I was 7 years old. After that I have been dressed as everything from an accident victim to a clown riding a flamingo. Most recently I designed these zombie costumes. People’s reactions to some of my zany and crazy costumes are priceless.

 

And my favorite Layout to date.  This was for a song lyric challenge.  We we to be inspired by the song Colors in the Wind by Vanessa Williams.

CLD-Song-Lyric-Challenge-09

Credits:
Dots pattern by
Mega-Doodle Inspired
Retro Circles overlay and glitter pattern by Creative Dreams
Frames by Gunhild
Butterflys and glitter swirls created with brushes by Obsidian Dawn

I used a verse in the song for the journaling.  It reads:

And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain
We need to paint with all the colours of the wind
You can own the earth and still all you`ll own is earth until
you can paint with all the colours of the wind

No comments: