Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stepping out of the comfort zone

It's been a few weeks since I posted because I was working on a special project. The project is now over and I have had some extra time to do a little scrapping. The only problem is that I haven't had much time to do it and couldn't find the inspiration I needed. Then I remembered that there were some challenges that I didn't complete from Color Line Design. This gave me a chance to ease into scrapping again.

The most recent pages I have created each caused me to step out of my comfort zone a little. You see, the reason I hadn't completed these challenges was because they were hard.

There was a journaling challenge where you needed to use I Wish as the start of your journaling. This wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I remembered an email I had seen numerous times. It was a story about an airport and someone overhearing someone saying to a passenger "I wish you enough." I promptly found the whole story and included a piece of that as my journaling. I also had gotten a catalog in the mail and there was some bedding that inspired me right away.

Here's a photo of the bedding that inspired me.

Avalon-Comforter-Set-And-Window-Treatments_DE2917

Here's the page I created:

CLD-Journal-Challenge-08-02

The journaling reads:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much
bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye.

The whole page was my creation only using brushed from Obsidian Dawn.

The next page was even more challenging. This one was to be All About Me. Specifically it was to be about 10 things that make me happy. Yes, there are many things that make me happy but I have a hard time putting it down on paper. I also have very few photos of me. I also used bedding as my inspiration for this page. The colors are just gorgeous.

Here is a photo of the bedding that inspired me:

73335_lg

Here is a picture of the page I created:

CLD-AAM-Challenge-08

The journaling reads: 10 thing that make me HAPPY! 1.Smiles on the faces of my girls 2.My husband and all he does for me 3.A gorgeous sunrise and sunset 4.The smell of freshly cut grass 5.Fun things my girls enjoy doing 6.Tasting dark chocolate 7.Hugs and kisses from my girls 8.My extended family 9.My kitty cats antics 10.Scenic drives

This uses a paper heart by Gunhild and an argyle template by Digiscrapalicious.

This late challenge was the most difficult for me. This was a challenge where you you had to use a specific artist for your inspiration. The artist was Dawn DeVries Sokol. She has a very interesting style that I wanted to give a try.

Here's the page I came up with: Ali helped me create the page by asking for the clouds, including rain, and the rainbow. Since it usually rains when we go to this lake it was easy to oblige.

CLD-Artist-Challenge-08

This used some awesome sketch brushes from Obsidian Dawn.

All in all, while it was challenging to do these pages, it was a lot of fun. I know what styles I will stick to and I found a new source of inspiration.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

wow, love the bedspread and the page layout, both super cute!