Saturday, August 2, 2008

A very special first

The first August journaling challenge at Color Line Design is all about firsts. I couldn't think of a better first than Jazmine's first day of school. It was a pretty important first for Jazmine and I had lots of great pictures to choose from.

I did a little Photoshop fun on the main photo and did the journaling in a little different way. What is my favorite part of this page is that is uses Jazmine's actual handwriting. I had her help me with a project a while ago and she nicely wrote out the whole alphabet for me. She did it in black sharpie so it scanned very well. I just cut out the letters and put them together into the words I needed. I plan on doing this every year so we can see how her handwriting improves over the years.

CLD-Journal-Challenge-08-1

Overlay by Digi Scrap by Coco, retro paper made with overlay by Creative Dreams and pattern by The Scrappin Cop.

The journaling reads: Jazmine’s first day of junior Kindergarten was perfect! She was excited to meet all kinds of new friends. She was the shortest person in class but definitely had the biggest personality. Her teacher Miss G. was pretty great. Jazmine was nervous to begin the day but by time she got home there was no stopping her from talking about it to anyone. At the end of the first day Miss G. gave everyone a kissing hand cookie as a very special treat.

No comments: