Monday, September 8, 2008

So many reasons to scrap

As you can probably tell, I try to scrap as often as possible.  It's sometimes hard to find subjects to scrap about.  I think that is why I now take my camera with me almost every where I go.  Sometimes I take pictures for no reason at all except that I have a beautiful subject or scene.  You just never know when those pictures will come in handy.

 

One thing that my family enjoys doing is geocaching.  If you don't know what it's all about go check out www.geocaching.com.  One recent trip was the perfect subject for a template challenge at Color Line Design.

 

The-Covered-Bridge

The journaling says: While at Pretty Lake, the older kids and Auntie Kathi went geocaching. We didn’t have much luck but we did find some beautiful spots. This was our favorite. It was an old covered bridge that was paid for by the people who live in the area. We really enjoyed out time there.

All papers and elements are from the Petite Silk kit by Shineangel.

 

The brag book challenge at Color Line Design was a little more challenging for me.  I think because the page is much smaller I feel like I have to use less pictures.  Although less is more, sometimes I get a little carried away.

 

081108

The journaling on this one reads: Mommy and the girls went for a beautiful walk today. Along the way you found these pretty little flowers. You put them in your hair and couldn’t wait to show Daddy. Of course you begged me to get out the camera so I could take your picture. I couldn’t say no because you were so happy and proud. I take pictures of you whenever you ask and even when you don’t want me to anymore.

Tag by Angie's Asylum, Curling ribbon by Gunhild and the colorful circles were created with brushes by Obsidian Dawn.

No comments: