Sunday, July 6, 2008

Recent Designs

This is going to be a long post but I just had to share some of my recent personal pages I created. I have recently participated in a few scrap challenges and these would be perfect to share. I must say, they really did challenge me. Even though I scrap digitally, these pages took me a few hours each but I really couldn't be any more pleased with the results.

The first challenge was to scrap about ourselves. I really don't have many pictures of myself since I am usually the one behind the camera. I dug out some old photo albums and scanned some of my grade school pictures. This is what I came up with. Please don't laugh at the funky hair.

Kathi-school-layout

The next challenge was to scrap about traveling. The topic was easy for me because I went on the best trip ever in 2006. I went to Cancun and I had a ton of pictures I could use. I actually scrapped 11 pages for this challenge because I wanted to get a good start on my book. I have been meaning to work on this for a long time but this challenge gave me a reason to have to do it. I work on this in an 11" x 8 1/2" size. Here are a few of the pages.

Cancun4

Cancun6

The next challenge we were supposed to use a song to inspire us. This was one of my favorites. I used "In My Life" by the Beatles and I scrapped a page about me and my Dad. I haven't given him the page yet but I think he is going to love it.

Dad-layout2

I hosted the next challenge and my theme was Love. It could be any kind of love. One person even scrapped about her love of books. It was awesome. I don't think I would have ever thought of that. Anyhow, I scrapped about my girls and their sisterly love. They have a bond like no other.

scrapchallenge

The most recently challenge was to use a specific quote as inspiration. I think I came up with the perfect page. The quote was “Heart on her lips, and soul within her eyes, Soft as her clime, and sunny as her skies” - Lord Byron. This took some thought but I ended up doing my design about my youngest. This is what my journaling said: She is a lover girl who will smother you with kisses. She is always at peace. She is a deep thinker who savors every moment of life. She is a beautiful child. She is... The quote fit her perfectly.

Ali-2

That's what I have done recently. I plan to share lots more. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: